Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

What is getting into me?

 

I was never much of a reader growing up. Actually, I used to HATE to read, but as I get older I am finding myself liking a lot more things that I never would have thought that I would enjoy, reading being one of them. I read all the time now. I’m a pretty quick reader, too. It takes me no time at all to finish a 400 page book.

I find myself wanting to get into doing scrapbooking, diy crafts, want to learn to sew, want to crotchet, taking a liking to recipes and cooking. These are things, other than the scrapbooking, that I never thought I would ever want to do. I was always the tom-boy that would rather be out playing ball or making things out of wood then cooking or learning to sew. Those things bored me, but here I am wanting to get into doing those things. Its amazing how much things change as you get older!

I can’t believe that I actually want to purchase a sewing machine! Not that I would have a clue what to do with it or where to even start when it came to sewing, but I would like to own one and get started somewhere. Believe me when I say this, I am freaking myself out here! What has possessed me to want to learn and do these things? Yes, being a housewife and a mother could have a lot to do with it, but still. My problem is is that I am not very crafty. At least, I don’t think I am. I guess I wouldn’t really know because I haven’t applied myself in that area. I do know that drawing is out of the question! I can’t draw for nothing. I would love to be able to though!

Another thing I want to do is start a book club. The problem with that is that I don’t know anyone that enjoys reading like I do or even has the time to read. I wish I did because I have wanted to start a book club for a while. Maybe soon I will get one going.

Oh yeah, one day I will open my own photography business! I want to open one so bad! I am obsessed with taking photos! My Husband calls me a photo geek, but that’s okay.

-- The Jessica of all trades

No comments:

Post a Comment