Blogaholic Designs”=

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Holidays-Drama-free, please!

 

I love the Holidays, but I really find myself having a hard time enjoying them because of the constant battle with everyone wanting you in one place at the same time all the time. I wish they would realize and consider that it is not humanly possible for me to be everywhere at the same time on the same day. I hate upsetting people, that is one of my weaknesses. I don’t believe in sharing weaknesses with people due to the fact that they can and they will use that to their advantage, but I have to put this out there.

For once, I would love a drama-free Holiday Season! I hate rushing and hate having to rush my kids around everywhere. Another thing I don’t get is that I don’t hear from my family any other time throughout the year, other than my dad, grandma, grandpa, mom, step-dad, my Aunt Julie, sis, and brother. Why in the world is it so important to you that I be a head-count at your Holiday get-together? There are 365 days in a year and you mean to tell me that throughout the 365 days you only consider me part of the family on those one particular days? If the answer is no, I would like to know then why it is so hard for you to pick up the phone and say, “Hey, wanted to check in on you and see how you’re doing.”

I have made my efforts throughout the course of the past 7 years and, when I finally throw my hands up and say that I am going to let them be the ones to contact me because it shouldn’t be one person trying to keep in touch with all of her family,  I never hear from anyone.

My family, to me, have become strangers that I am connected with by blood and genetics. I don’t know these people anymore and they sure as heck don’t take the initiative to know me either. What a shame! A shame that a once close knit family have become so distant. A shame that the family together in the same place seems as awkward as being in a waiting room at the Doctor’s office.

I love my family and I miss them dearly, but as I said I don’t know them anymore. Some would claim that it is my fault because I moved 35 minutes away. C’mon, seriously?! My intentions are not to bash my family in this post, but to simply release some of the thoughts and feelings I have been feeling for quite some time now. Yes, I have spoke with several people in my family that knows that this is how I feel. It is no secret.

Lord, I pray that this year will be different. I don’t want to be pushed to the point that I am singing BA-HUMBUG!

No comments:

Post a Comment