Blogaholic Designs”=

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Turkey Day Is Coming- My First Turkey

This year for Thanksgiving I will be making a turkey for the very first time. I don't quite know how I feel about that just yet. I'm a little nervous about how it will turn out.
I have just now got into exploring more with recipes and coming out of my shell, my safety-zone when it comes to cooking.
I am tickled that most of the recipes I have tried have actually come out quite good, but I have had a couple that turned out to be something I would never cook again, but I know that happens as you explore new things.
I used to be so terrified to cook new things. I found out what I could cook and I stuck with those, but boy did that get old quick! I was so tired of cooking the same things all the time. I had to build up the confidence to try new things as far as cooking.
I know my family is sure happy that I did! I have no clue what possessed me one day to go online and search for a recipe to try for dinner, but I did and finally came across something that I could make that I had all the ingredients for and I was pretty pleased with myself with how it turned out. That helped the confidence boast a little. From then on, I have been searching online almost everyday coming up with new recipes to give a shot at.
I have no intentions what-so-ever to become some major cook, but I am enjoying learning and applying what I learn.
Goodness, I sure hope this turkey comes out okay! I'd hate to be the one at Thanksgiving that screwed up the turkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment