Blogaholic Designs”=

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I Made My Son’s Day Today While He Made Mine!

Today my son packed his backpack with 5 canned goods. I went to pick his backpack up this morning as we were walking out the door and I was blown away with how heavy it was. I opened his backpack to see why it was so heavy and what he was trying to sneak to school, and I found it full of canned goods. Ones I just bought at the grocery this weekend.

I asked my son why he was taking canned goods to school and he said, “Mommy, I want to take so, so, so many of them so I can have a popcorn party.” I told him that he couldn’t take the ones he had in his backpack because I had just bought them and needed them. He was so upset. As he was finishing getting ready for school I took his backpack and went to the cabinet. I filled his backpack with 10 canned goods, but didn’t mention that I did.

He went to grab his backpack on the way, and as I was, he was stunned at how heavy it was. He opened his backpack to see why because he knew mommy had taken out the canned goods, and there was an immediate huge grin on his face. He walked straight up to me, gave me a hug, and said you’re the best mommy ever! I made his day with just a few canned goods (isn’t it amazing how small of a thing can make them so happy?), well I guess I should say that he made my day with that huge grin and telling me that I was the best mommy ever!

I sure do love my babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment