Blogaholic Designs”=

Monday, November 28, 2011

Smooth Thanksgiving

I was very surprised and very thankful that this Thanksgiving was smooth sailing! No drama from anyone. That, I think, is the first time since my Husband and I have been together ( 7 years) that I have had no one down my throat about where I am going to be spending the Holiday. I hope Christmas is just as smooth. It really makes for a better Holiday Season!

It really amazes me at how different my family is on each side. On my Dad’s side of the family everyone talks to everyone and we all get along. There’s no feeling awkward or feeling like you’re a total stranger. Its peaceful and we all enjoy each other’s company. On my Mom’s side, they all act like total, complete strangers. They are always hounding someone, there is always someone griping and complaining about something, and they make you feel like you’re just a complete stranger that doesn’t belong. You get these looks like they are thinking, “What the heck are you doing here?!” How unfortunate that everyone has become that way. We don’t see each other except for the Holidays and they act like it’s a nightmare to have to participate. Well, I am here to tell ya, no one holds a gun to your head forcing you to come around your family, so why come and make everyone else miserable with your complaining? Last year was ridiculous! My poor Grandma, for Christmas, got everyone together to go on a dinner train and out to eat afterwards. It was very nice and I enjoyed it very much, but of course, a few bad apples had to spoil the occasion. Here I am thinking, “What in the world goes through their minds to act so disrespectful when someone tries to do something nice for them and why do they have to be so miserable around their own family?” They’re adults, suck it up or stop coming around if it is just so miserable for you!

Unbelievable!…

No comments:

Post a Comment